There are always new super foods popping up. We haven’t heard much about the radish. Here are some of it’s vast benefits:
- Low in calories, 1/2 cup is approximately 12 calories.
- Packed with potassium and other vitamins and minerals.
- High in fiber which helps fill you up so you eat less at a meal. Fiber also helps with constipation and may lower LDL, the bad cholesterol as well as balance blood sugar if you are diabetic or pre-diabetic.
- Contains isothiocynatates, a compound that may be effective against preventing some cancers.
- Has a decent amount of Vitamin C which can boost the immune system and improve collagen production which helps the skin and builds cartilage which can help with arthritis.
- They contain anti-inflammatory flavonoids that are cardio protective as well as gut healing. Their anti-bacterial and anti-yeast properties and may help with ulcers.
- Good for the liver and detoxification.
- They taste good, and can be enjoyed in salads, as a juice, or to a sandwich for extra crunch!