Reiki 2 Class – November 15, 1-5 PM, Virtual
This class will advance your intuitive knowledge and ability to heal yourself and others. The class will start with a review from Reiki 1 and delve deeper into the ancient art of Reiki including the following advanced techniques:
- Learning and using Reiki symbols for physical, emotional, and spiritual healing
- Distance healing to send Reiki to anyone anywhere in the world
- Methods to clear old habits and muscle memories that don’t serve you
- Chakra balancing techniques
- Rooting to balance and protect yourself from negative energy and people
- Hands on practice to help you solidify the teachings
Limited Space: Call 914 763-9107 to Register
Class investment: $250, includes all class materials, snacks, and attunement
Storms are hard. There is the fear of not knowing how bad it will be or how to prepare adequately. There is also fear watching the storm with the trees blowing in the wind and seeing branches coming down and hoping nothing will damage your house or property. I have had several trees come down in different storms and damage my house and deck. And then there is the aftermath of the storm in terms of cleaning up the debris, getting all of the trees that are down cut up and off the property and finally getting any lost power, internet and cable back up.
During Isaias, I was home watching the storm and went downstairs to where I felt it safest when the eye of the storm hit about 2 PM. I heard branches come down and later found two down trees on the property where I am renting, one making a nice sized hole in the gravel driveway. We lost power, cable and internet. I was incredibly lucky to have a partial generator which kept my refrigerator going, some lights on as well as microwave and toaster oven. I made 3 nights of prepared foods the night before the storm as a precautionary step. We had extra batteries for 3 lanterns and enough propane for the generator. I felt ready. We were lucky to get our power restored in 2 days. It took over 2 weeks however, to get our internet and cable back.
Here is what I learned from the experience:
- Having no cable TV was an inconvenience as I like relaxing with Netflix at night, but I enjoyed playing cards, doing cross word puzzles, reading, doing yoga stretches and drawing in my mandala coloring book. I also just closed my eyes and did nothing for just a few minutes which I seldom do which was very relaxing and helped me to sleep better.
- For the first week I stayed positive and upbeat, grateful that I had my power restored, had water, etc. I was fine without internet and used the offices at my town to catch up on email and do zoom yoga and nutrition appointments. They were genuinely nice in giving me the space and I was sure it was only for a few days.
- By the beginning of the second week frustration set in. I called Optimum many times and got no where with support and service. First, they refused to send anyone out insisting it was because of electricity outages around, even though we had no electric problems. Later, they sent out several people who were the wrong people and could not fix outside problems. I was on hold waiting to speak to a support person for at least an hour every time and most were from another country and far away from the problem. I felt anger creeping in and a sense of hopelessness and loss of control.
- Finally, I surrendered to the situation and gave up worrying about it and was resigned that it would be fixed when it was the right time. It was helpful that a good friend offered a spare room in her house for me to do all of my appointments so although it was inconvenient to run over there so much, I had a plan that was working.
- It felt good to relax about it and I realized that there were many others in the same situation, so I had empathy for them instead of worrying about my own situation. I also learned that a lot of my fear -based behavior was from conditioning that I had to get all my work done and not let down any of my clients by canceling appointments.
- I came to realize that losing internet and cable was worth the sacrifice so that the town and state senator could escalate the problem and that hopefully if we get a similar storm or worse there will be a better solution.
- The bottom line is we are all so dependent on technology these days that if it goes down, we are in trouble. I am hoping the experience will help the cable and utility companies to have a better emergency plan and that our local officials will take them to task with fines or whatever would help to fix the problem.
- For me, the bottom line is to be prepared, let go of what I cannot control and remain calm and at peace regardless of the storm. I am hoping we have all built resiliency from this experience that well help us to navigate future storms and other emergencies, as well as the rest of the this Covid experience.
I would love to hear what you have learned from the storm if it effected you and from Covid. My heart goes out to everyone in Louisiana and Tesas that have it much worse with Hurricane Laura.
Restorative yoga is for anyone who would like to relax & renew. No prior yoga experience is needed. You will be guided into restorative poses using props you have at home to make you comfortable in a completely supportive environment for total relaxation.
The restorative sequences will:
- Help your spine and open tight hips, hamstrings & shoulders
- Detoxify and strengthen your organs, and Improve focus & energy
- Decease stress, anxiety, depression & pain
- Enhance your body’s ability to heal itself
- Bring balance to body, mind, & spirit
In addition to the restorative sequences there will be
- Pranayama breath work
- Light stretching
- Yoga Nidra practice – A guided deep relaxation to help you quiet your mind and melt away
Questions for Renee: (914) 763-9107
3-4:15 PM, $15, online via zoom
Call (914)763-9107 or email at [email protected] to reserve your spot! Payment with Venmo, Zelle, or Paypal. Have your yoga mat or something else to lie down on, a couple of pillows, blanket and yoga blocks if you have them.
Improve your health with an integrated 21-day detoxification program offered by Total Wellness and the Center for Health and Healing.
Want to Maximize your Health & Well-Being and Reduce Stress During the Pandemic?
New! Awaken to your Greatest Potential is a step-by-step coaching program leading you to confidence, fulfillment, and a natural ease and flow with life. During your sessions you will create the vision of who you want to become in all areas of your life and learn transformative processes and tools to help you get there. This package includes:
Here is what clients are saying about Renee’s coaching program:
“I worked with Renee and her “Awaken to your Greatest Potential” coaching program and was very pleased with the results and the life practices and tools I established through the work. I was “stuck” after the sudden death of a family member, last fall. When Renee told me about her coaching, it seemed like a perfect way to focus on my sadness, my lack of purpose, and to help me develop some good life practices. And it was! Renee was very deliberate in the themes of each session. It wasn’t traditional talk therapy but had elements of sharing that were empowering, and tools to help me work through old limiting beliefs. I got out of my “stuckness” and am feeling much more capable and positive and loving to myself. I really appreciated Renee’s approach, her support and the program overall. Thank you, Renee!” C.P.
“I started working with Renee to help with my food issues and fibromyalgia and after feeling much better continued to work with Renee through her coaching program. Her intuition and knowledge helped me put behind old limiting believes which ultimately led me to leave a toxic relationship and pursue a more fulfilling career. I developed much greater self-confidence and an ability to love and nurture myself. I am so grateful for Renee’s help, kindness, and compassionate handling of my difficult life situation.” S.B.
Call Renee with questions or to set up a session at 914 763-9107. The program can be done in person or remote through zoom, an online video system.
Get support and have fun reaching your health goals!
Want to boost energy, balance your weight, and be part of a healthy living community? It’s an opportunity to help you reach your goals, stay focused on your nutrition regimen, feel motivated, get your questions answered and increase your likelihood of success! It will also be fun and give you a sense of accomplishment.
Starting July 6th, I will be running a 3 week group to help you kick-start your health and well-being. You can join anytime during the 3 weeks. The group will include a private facebook page and a weekly zoom check-in event. We will be focusing on eating better and creating healthy habits, with lots of tips and recipes to help you easily follow this program. To make it easy to stay on track, we also will be drinking one delicious all natural low glycemic plant based smoothie a day which is a great vehicle to boost your energy, get additional veggies into your diet, and build muscle and burn fat!
Join with a friend or spouse and double your fun as my group shares health tips, recipes, and easy ways to get moving toward a healthier routine. Especially now, when we’re all craving community, being part of a group with others who are striving to be healthier and positive may be just what you need to start the summer off right. Register soon to get your 30 day healthy meal plan guide.
For more information about the program, contact Renee at (914) 763-9107 or email [email protected]
Wanna nourish your skin from the inside out? Here are the nutrients I recommend and best dietary sources.
Welcome to my 6 week zoom class meeting Wednesday, April 1- May 6 from 12-1 PM. Each week we will discuss different yogic principles to live by. The classes will include grounding, de-stressing, teachings, sharing, and group healing. You will leave feeling empowered, strong, and at peace. Some of the topics we will discuss include:
- Daily Practices
The program investment is $120 for all 6 classes, or $25 for each class attended separately if there is space available. Classes will be recorded and sent to participants if you miss it or want to watch again. Payment is through Venmo, Paypal or Zelle. Contact Renee at (914) 763-9107 or [email protected] for more information or to enroll.
There are always new super foods popping up. We haven’t heard much about the radish. Here are some of it’s vast benefits:
- Low in calories, 1/2 cup is approximately 12 calories.
- Packed with potassium and other vitamins and minerals.
- High in fiber which helps fill you up so you eat less at a meal. Fiber also helps with constipation and may lower LDL, the bad cholesterol as well as balance blood sugar if you are diabetic or pre-diabetic.
- Contains isothiocynatates, a compound that may be effective against preventing some cancers.
- Has a decent amount of Vitamin C which can boost the immune system and improve collagen production which helps the skin and builds cartilage which can help with arthritis.
- They contain anti-inflammatory flavonoids that are cardio protective as well as gut healing. Their anti-bacterial and anti-yeast properties and may help with ulcers.
- Good for the liver and detoxification.
- They taste good, and can be enjoyed in salads, as a juice, or to a sandwich for extra crunch!
Renee Simon is a Certified Dietician-Nutritionist, Registered Yoga Teacher and Reiki Master Teacher in South Salem, NY. She uses a unique blend of nutritional consulting, yoga and reiki healing to treat patients of all ages for a variety of medical conditions.