Welcome to my 6 week zoom class meeting Wednesday, April 1- May 6 from 12-1 PM. Each week we will discuss different yogic principles to live by. The classes will include grounding, de-stressing, teachings, sharing, and group healing. You will leave feeling empowered, strong, and at peace. Some of the topics we will discuss include:
- Daily Practices
The program investment is $120 for all 6 classes, or $25 for each class attended separately if there is space available. Classes will be recorded and sent to participants if you miss it or want to watch again. Payment is through Venmo, Paypal or Zelle. Contact Renee at (914) 763-9107 or [email protected] for more information or to enroll.
There are always new super foods popping up. We haven’t heard much about the radish. Here are some of it’s vast benefits:
- Low in calories, 1/2 cup is approximately 12 calories.
- Packed with potassium and other vitamins and minerals.
- High in fiber which helps fill you up so you eat less at a meal. Fiber also helps with constipation and may lower LDL, the bad cholesterol as well as balance blood sugar if you are diabetic or pre-diabetic.
- Contains isothiocynatates, a compound that may be effective against preventing some cancers.
- Has a decent amount of Vitamin C which can boost the immune system and improve collagen production which helps the skin and builds cartilage which can help with arthritis.
- They contain anti-inflammatory flavonoids that are cardio protective as well as gut healing. Their anti-bacterial and anti-yeast properties and may help with ulcers.
- Good for the liver and detoxification.
- They taste good, and can be enjoyed in salads, as a juice, or to a sandwich for extra crunch!
I am starting ongoing monthly Reiki shares for anyone who is a Reiki I practitioner or higher to maximize your chance of practicing as well as getting a healing yourself. Each share circle will include a meditation and a different teaching and discussion to raise your vibration and level of consciousness as well as individual and group intention setting. The upcoming dates are October 30th, 5-6:30. The cost to participate is $25 and includes refreshments. Limited spots so sign up early. The classes will be in Pound Ridge, NY.
Join us for our Special Saturday morning Summer Beach Yoga program. The next class is June 29th, 9:30-10:30 at the Lake Truesdale Beach in South Salem. Raindate is June 30th, same time. The location is often a siting for swans, ducks, eagles and other wild life. There is nothing like combining the serenity of nature with a mindful yoga practice.
Cost is $15 for residents and $20 for friends and guests. Limited spots. Must reserve in advance by calling Renee at 914 763-9107.
Check out my recent article in conjunction with Medscape. Click here.
Click here to listen to my radio interview:
During this workshop, you will learn:
- How to assess and find the root cause of your digestive issues
- Different tests and treatment protocols for common digestive problems
- Dietary tips for GERD, IBS, Gas/Bloating, Constipation
- 2/3 cups chopped broccoli, or broccoli and cauliflower
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2/3 carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups snow or snapped peas, trimmed
- 2 gloves of garlic, minced
- 1 table spoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ¼ tea spoon, each dried, basil and oregano
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach or arugula
- 1-2 seeded tomatoes, chopped into fine dice
- 3-4 grilled chicken breast, sliced across the grain
- 8-12 oz. cooked whole wheat pasta, linguini or bow-tie work well
- ¼ cup milk or 2 table spoons heavy cream
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil and/or chives for garnish
Wash and prepare all vegetables. Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add carrots, onions and broccoli and cook, stirring often. Season with salt, pepper, and dried herbs. Add bell pepper, garlic and peas, stirring constantly. Add cooked pasta and sliced grilled chicken, tossing together. Turn the heat to medium high and stir in the milk or cream, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and the spinach and tomatoes, continuing to stir. Serve immediately with chopped fresh herbs, and extra cheese at the table.
For variety, use slices of baby squash or fresh mushrooms.
This recipe, used with permission, is taken from “NEWSTART® Lifestyle Cookbook,” page 33.
- 1 pound firm tofu
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms (opt.)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds (opt.)
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Aminos
- 1½ teaspoons All-Purpose Seasoning (see below)
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric (opt.)
- Drain tofu thoroughly in a colander.
- Mash in a bowl and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 350º F for 30 minutes, or simmer in a nonstick skillet for about 20 minutes, until all liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently.
- Best if mixed several hours before cooking, to let flavors blend. Serves 4.
Renee Simon is a Certified Dietician-Nutritionist, Registered Yoga Teacher and Reiki Master Teacher in South Salem, NY. She uses a unique blend of nutritional consulting, yoga and reiki healing to treat patients of all ages for a variety of medical conditions.