This recipe, used with permission, is taken from “NEWSTART® Lifestyle Cookbook,” page 33.
- 1 pound firm tofu
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms (opt.)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds (opt.)
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Aminos
- 1½ teaspoons All-Purpose Seasoning (see below)
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric (opt.)
- Drain tofu thoroughly in a colander.
- Mash in a bowl and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 350º F for 30 minutes, or simmer in a nonstick skillet for about 20 minutes, until all liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently.
- Best if mixed several hours before cooking, to let flavors blend. Serves 4.