- Place the following in a large pan:
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp dried sweet basil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- Stir well, and bring to a slow boil over medium heat.
- Stir in 2 cups rolled or quick oats and remove from heat
- Cover and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Form into patties. A narrow-mouth canning jar lid can be used to make nice, round patties.
- Place on an oiled baking sheet.
- BAKE: 350 degrees for 15 minutes on each side.
TIP: These freeze very well!
—by Julianne Pickle, author of “100% Vegetarian,” the cookbook in which every ingredient is available at your local grocery store. Available at http://www.pickle-publishing.com/best_books/vegetarian-cookbook.htm?n for just $7.95 plus shipping.