/wp-content/themes/renee-simon/images/logo.png 0 0 Renee Simon /wp-content/themes/renee-simon/images/logo.png Renee Simon2017-01-10 21:57:042017-01-10 23:53:48Hummus #1
With all the focus on the Middle East, how about a dish or two from there? Here is the first of two variations of a popular one that can be used as a spread or dip.
- Combine the following in a blender and whiz until smooth:
- 1 – 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, halfway drained of its juice
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder (granulated)
- Once the blender is on, you can remove the lid and carefully direct the mixture in from the sides with a rubber spatula. This ensures thorough, even blending.
- Once you are satisfied with the consistency, AFTER putting the lid back on the blender, turn off the machine.
- Pour into a serving dish & garnish with chopped parsley
Note: If you want a dressing consistency rather than a dip consistency, use all the liquid from the can of garbanzos instead of half.
—by Julianne Pickle, author of “100% Vegetarian,” the cookbook in which every ingredient is available at your local grocery store