/wp-content/themes/renee-simon/images/logo.png 0 0 Renee Simon /wp-content/themes/renee-simon/images/logo.png Renee Simon2017-01-10 21:52:072017-01-10 23:53:48Lentil Vegetable Soup
Lentil Vegetable Soup
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups dried lentils
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped carrots
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons crushed oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- Place all ingredients, except tomatoes, in a large kettle and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 1½ hours.
- Add tomatoes and continue simmering, covered, for 5 minutes longer.
- Remove bay leaf before serving. Can also be cooked in a crockpot overnight. Serves 9.
This recipe, used with permission, is taken from “NEWSTART® Lifestyle Cookbook,” page 169.